Sunday, August 22, 2010

Court of Banana Peels

Banana Peel (multiple, stacked): Found: July 3, 2010, 11:00AM: New York, New York.



Neatly stacked and empty, perfectly ripened shells of their former selves. There was little waste to be found, the job had been neatly and delicately done. Electrolitic Overindulgence they said, but I didn't buy it, some vitamin K fiend is on the loose in Washington Square Park I thought, loading up for the holiday weekend. Careful not to step on my subjects, I had to smile as I photographed them: there was sometime appealing about the neatly piled mass grave. Perhaps they had lived, loved and fed together, and now, still together, would unknowingly pursue a new life in the harsh world of low-brow comedy; dear readers, we can only hope.

3 comments:

  1. they may seem to be abandoned but if you look carefully they are split rather evenly with yellow side up and yellow side down. This will enhance the growth of any plant life within 1 meter of it. Whomever placed these here were of superior inteligence and certainly someone who was very green Just because I had a few rums to drink does not mean I am not being green. I know that one day McDonald's will cease to have a drive thru and their slogan will be "we're greener than a bowl of broccoli"

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yo D - If you could get a Felipe's burrito on here it would surely rocket this blog into the national consciousness for your frontline documentation of such a heinous crime.

    ReplyDelete